Monday, May 5, 2008

Gazpacho

I'm not a huge veggie person, but I love a good Gazpacho. I don't usually order it when I go out to eat, because I'm not a huge cucumber fan and I think most gazpachos have an overwhelming cucumber taste. I like to make it at home so I can control the ingredients to my tastes. This is very easy to make and makes about 8 cups, so it's enough for you and your family to enjoy for a few days.

3 Roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers
3 cups low sodium V8
1/4 cup EVOO
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp garlic, minced

Combine all vegetables, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a food processor. Process until the veggies have become very tiny (like the consistency of a finely minced garlic). Then, pour in the rest of the ingredients and process for a few seconds, just until everything is well combined. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours so the flavors meld. Serve cold. If you'd like, garnish with a dollop of sour cream.

0 comments: