Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yummy Chicken Salad

My favorite apple is the Granny Smith. It's tangy and not too sweet. I had a couple of these and used 1 to make my waffles. I thought the other would be really good in Chicken Salad. I looked around my fridge and saw some blue cheese (I had a lot left after practicing for the Pillsbury Bake-Off). My mouth started watering...blue cheese and apples would be really good together. It came out very well and even a little bit healthy. The flavors meld well together, and its great to have the contrast of textures between the chicken and the apples. Here is the recipe, it makes about 4 servings.

Apple Chicken Salad

2 Cooked chicken breasts, diced
1/2 of a Granny Smith apple, diced
1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/3 cup light mayo
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
salt & pepper to taste

Just combine everything and enjoy! I've been eating it on top of salads and as a sandwich with whole wheat bread.

0 comments: