Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pillsbury Bake-Off: Day 1

I got back from the Pillsbury Bake-Off last night. I'm still coming down from all the excitement. I have a lot to write about so I'll do separate posts for each day.

Day 1: Sunday
The Fairmont Dallas is a beautiful hotel! The staff is so helpful. Before registration, we decided to order room service for a treat. I had yummy Brioche French Toast with Berry Compote. Then it was off to registration. They had big posters with all the recipes and the Pillsbury Doughboy was there taking pictures with everyone. I got a huge goody bag with all kinds of stuff...aprons, spatulas, a stuffed doughboy. Then we had time to relax before orientation.


During Orientation they went over all the logistics of how the contest would work and introduced us to the people who would be helping us. Then after that was the welcome dinner which was really nice. The Pillsbury folks gave speeches and the dinner was delicious, Filet Mignon & Sea Bass. Then it was time to call it a night and get ready for the big Bake-Off day!

0 comments: